As a member of the Devices Development team, you will be part of a team creating a suite of new IoT devices from scratch to be deployed in very large numbers throughout Europe. Collaborating with your colleagues, you will take care of the whole product development lifecycle which consists of requirements definition, document creation as appropriate, component selection, BOM development and engagement with suppliers and manufacturers, schematic development, board layout for development boards, prototypes and final form factor devices, engagement with test houses for certification, and manufacturers for DfM. You will collaborate with the other development teams daily, in agile mode.
- Experience in all aspect of the circuit design including analog, digital, MCU/MPU, mixed-signal, power management, signal integrity and RF/EMI mitigation
- Experience in power electronics and metrology
- Hands-on experience in using EDA tools for schematic and PCB design, with a preference for Altium Designer
- Proficient user of laboratory instrumentation such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, power calibrators, etc.
- Experience in parts sourcing, vendor liaison and supporting the manufacture of electronics products
- Knowledge of EMC and safety compliance standards
- Experience in collaboration with mechanical design colleagues.
- Nice to have: a background in PLC (Power Line Communication), Wi-Fi, BLE, ISM RF; firmware coding skills in C or C++; experience in design for cost optimization, design for test and manufacturing
- English fluency is mandatory, additional languages a plus. Some knowledge of Chinese would be an advantage.
- Valid working permit in Switzerland or EU citizenship
- 80% to 100% work rate